Many moons ago, I started crocheting a blanket. I can’t remember exactly when I began but it has to be at least a year ago.
I chose three different coloured, somewhat bulky, acrylic yarns and used a pattern I had discovered online for an 8-pointed star. I figured I would keep adding rows until I felt satisfied with the size (or tired of the pattern, whichever came first!)
Well, I finally finished it by deciding that 56″ across was big enough.
I now understand why so many blankets and throws are made in pieces and then put together. Working on this thing after it reached a couple of feet in diameter was cumbersome. And hot!
That would be one reason why it took so long. Hot summer days do not lend themselves to sitting under a warm blanket, so around May-June, this piece was put into hibernation! 🙂
The pattern I was using was, as mentioned above, for an 8-pointed star but if you revisit the above picture and use your numerical counting skills (as I clearly did not! lol) you’ll come up with a different number.
Yep, somehow, some way, I have nine points.
I was so far into the pattern by the time I realized it that I decided to go with that and embrace the number 9. (I prefer odd numbers anyway! 😉
Unfortunately, that means that it presently doesn’t lay flat, which doesn’t pose a huge problem when draping it over a sofa or yourself. I’m going to soak and dry it (not sure if I actually have the means to block it) and see if I can improve the shape at all.