A few weeks ago, I found myself brainstorming ideas for new skull shawls. I wanted to do something a little different and I decided to try and solidify the pattern of the body while keeping skulls along the edge.
I think this was influenced somewhat by the skull scarf pattern I shared about a month ago. In that pattern, I decided to create a solid body around the skulls and this shawl is a sort of extension of that idea.
I used acrylic to create this experimental piece, along with an H hook. It didn’t take too long due to the thickness of the yarn.
I like the look of it and am curious to see how it translates into a smaller lace weight. Granted, THAT will probably take quite some time to do.
Now I just have to decide what colours to use next! 🙂