1) There are TWO PRICES a) $60 includes shipping b) $50 for those living nearby who will be picking up
2) This yarn colourway will be created on Autumn Equinox, September 22. Orders will be shipping within a week of that date.
3) Your parcel will contain a) a squishy skein of sock yarn (ONLY sock yarn available for now) and b) other seasonal goodies either made by me or sourced from local artisans to celebrate the season!
4) Shipping doesn’t take place on the day….items will be shipped by Sept 30th at the latest.
5) This is a Mystery Club – I don’t know what I am going to dye until the actual day and you won’t know what the colourway looks like until it arrives….so by purchasing a club kit, you acknowledge that you like surprise endings!
6) Due to the Mystery nature of the Club, colour requests can’t be taken and there are no refunds once the yarn has been dyed.
Autumn Equinox (also called Mabon by some) is the mid-point between summer and winter…when light and dark are equal. For me it has also been the time of the year that I experience large changes in my life whether that be moving, new jobs, relationships ending or beginning… a time for growth or a time to pivot and change your perspective as the palette of the world changes around you.
Eight times a year, I mark the changing seasons by going out to watch the sunrise. I chose these dates based on the seasons and the midpoints between them. These dates are celebrated for a variety of reasons around the world and have been celebrated in many ways for hundreds of years.
Observing them throughout the year has become a way for me to feel connected to the world around me and to also take some time to be present and acknowledge Mother Earth. On each of the eight days, I take photos and pay attention to my surroundings and lately they inspire yarn colours!
On May 1, 2021, I found myself inspired after the sunrise on May day to dye some skeins to represent the day. Then on June 21, after watching summer’s first sunrise, I again took that inspiration home and dyed a few skeins of yarn. Again on Aug 1, another awesome yarn was created! So I decided to make it a regular thing!
Each time, I try to let photos, colours, animals of the morning inspire the yarn colourway….with no pre-planning and no expectations….so I never really know what the yarn is going to look like, until it appears in my dye pans!
UPCOMING DATES of CREATION 2021/2022
These are the dates of creation. Shipping within 1-2 weeks AFTER this date (though usually sooner than that! )
THIS LISTING IS FOR Sept 22 First Day of Autumn/Autumn Equinox/Second Harvest/Mabon
Oct 31 Halloween/Samhain/Final Harvest/Midpoint between Autumn and Winter (TBA)
Dec 21 First Day of Winter/Winter Solstice/Yule (TBA)
Feb 2 Mid-point between Winter and Spring/Imbolc (TBA)
March 20 First Day of Spring/Spring Equinox (TBA)
May 1 May Day/Bealtaine/Midpoint between Spring and Summer (TBA)
June 21 First Day of Summer/Summer Solstice/Litha (TBA)
Aug 1 Midpoint between Summer and Autumn/First Harvest/Lammas (TBA)