1) Please note the different PRICING OPTIONS a) $45 for those living nearby who will be picking up b) $55 includes shipping to Ontario/Quebec c) $60 includes shipping to Canada (outside ON/QC) as well as the United States (Coupons are not applicable)
2) This yarn colourway will be created on the Summer Solstice, June 21. Orders are shipped within 1-2 weeks of the dye date.
3) Your parcel WILL contain a) a minimum 115g of sock yarn (ONLY sock yarn available for now) and b) one or two additional pieces by either myself or local artists to celebrate the season …it MAY ALSO contain c) a designer spotlight to support fellow fibre creators who I know and think are fantastic! 🙂
4) A second reminder….you won’t receive your yarn BY June 21, it will be created on that day and shipped within the week.
5) This is a Mystery Club – I don’t know what I am going to dye until the actual day and you won’t know what the colourway looks like until it arrives….so by purchasing a club kit, you acknowledge that you like surprise endings!
6) Due to the Mystery nature of the Club, colour requests can’t be taken and there are no refunds once the yarn has been dyed.
Eight times a year, I mark the changing seasons by going out to watch the sunrise. I chose these dates based on the seasons and the midpoints between them. These dates are celebrated for a variety of reasons around the world and have been celebrated in many ways for hundreds of years.
Observing them throughout the year has become a way for me to feel connected to the world around me and to also take some time to be present and acknowledge Mother Earth. On each of the eight days, I take photos and pay attention to my surroundings and lately they inspire yarn colours!
On Spring Equinox 2021 it began. I found myself inspired after the sunrise to dye some skeins to represent the day. Then on May Day and again on Summer Solstice, I took that inspiration home and dyed a few skeins of yarn and decided to continue with Mystery Boxes!
Each time, I try to let photos, colours, animals of the morning inspire the yarn colourway….with no pre-planning and no expectations….so I never really know what the yarn is going to look like, until it appears in my dye pans!
UPCOMING DATES of CREATION 2022
These are the dates of creation. Shipping within 1-2 weeks AFTER this date (though usually sooner than that! )
June 21 First Day of Summer/Summer Solstice/Litha
Aug 1 Midpoint between Summer and Autumn/First Harvest/Lammas
Sept 22 Autumn Equinox/First day of Fall
Oct 31 Samhain/Halloween/Midpoint between Autumn and Winter
Dec 21 Winter Solstice/First day of Winter/Yule